Tourism Minister Nikolina Brnjac said on Saturday she was satisfied with the tourist turnover, as two million arrivals had been registered ten days earlier than last year.
She was visiting Hvar island, where she meet with representatives of local government and tourism to discuss the measures taken so far to have as successful and safe a season as possible and for Croatia to keep the status of a safe destination.
Speaking of the tourist turnover, Brnjac said “the situation is satisfying in Split-Dalmatia County as well. The announcements are good. Air, rail and road traffic has intensified.”
“I’m confident we will additionally step up the vaccination of tourism workers in that county, which will significantly contribute to Croatia keeping in the months ahead the status of a responsible and well-prepared tourist destination,” she added.
According to data from the eVisitor system, Split-Dalmatia County has registered 276,000 arrivals and 1,355,000 overnights this year, up by 88% and 80% respectively from last year. Poles have generated the most overnights (197,000), followed by Germans (163,000) and the Czech (119,000).