Petrinja quake: 50 families evacuated in Zapresic

NEWS 30.12.2020 13:35
Share:
potres, petrinja
Source: Luka Stanzl/PIXSELL

Zapresic Mayor Zeljko Turk said on Wednesday that the devastating earthquake from the Petrinja area had caused extensive damage to three blocks of flats in the centre of Zapresic from which more than 50 families had been evacuated, but luckily no one had been injured.

Zapresic Mayor Zeljko Turk said on Wednesday that the devastating earthquake from the Petrinja area had caused extensive damage to three blocks of flats in the centre of Zapresic from which more than 50 families had been evacuated, but luckily no one had been injured.

Most of the evacuated residents are staying with their families, and the city had provided about 20 residents with temporary accommodation, Turk told Hina.

He said that in the centre of Zapresic, the earthquake had caused considerable damage to three blocks of flats built in the 1960s. He said that at the moment he could not give detailed information, but reportedly the building would not be suitable for living until they were completely repaired.

He stressed that a commission had been in those building on Tuesday afternoon to establish whether it was possible to live in those three building or not, and they were finishing their work today.

Turk also said that Zapresic firefighters had intervened about 40 times by now to repair collapsed chimneys on family and other houses.

The mayor said that a court building had also sustained great damage in the earthquake, the court was currently not in function and structural engineers were checking the building.

The City of Zapresic has decided to subsidise minor roof repairs, that is the most necessary repairs, with HRK 2,000.

“It is good that there are no injured people or fatalities,” Turk said.

Zapresic is a town west of the capital city of Zagreb.

Komentari

Vaš komentar