More passengers and cargo carried by rail in Q2 2021 than in Q2 2020

NEWS 20.09.2021 17:14
Share:
Hrvatska željeznica, HŽPP, vlak, nagibni vlak
Source: Nikola Cutuk/PIXSELL / ilustracija

A total of 3.38 million passengers were transported by rail in Croatia in the second quarter of 2021, which is twice as many as in the same period of 2020, while the amount of goods carried by rail increased by 1.7% to 3.73 tonnes, according to data provided by the HAKOM regulator.

Despite the rise, the passenger numbers remained below those recorded in the second quarter of the pre-pandemic 2019, when 5.08 million people had travelled by rail, or about 1.7 million more than in the corresponding period of this year.

As for cargo transport, the second quarter of 2021 saw an increase of 64,000 tonnes compared with the same period of 2020 and of 1.53 million compared with the second quarter of 2019.

Freight transport accounted for 32.8% of the total volume of transport, while passenger transport accounted for the remaining 67.2%.

Komentari

Vaš komentar