No possibility of Adriatic migrant route, says minister

No possibility of Adriatic migrant route, says minister Izvor: N1

Interior Minister Davor Bozinovic on Thursday rejected any possibility of a new migrant route across Croatia's coast, and sent a message ahead of the tourist season about Croatia being a secure tourist destination.

"There is no danger of a new migrant corridor opening across our coastline. Thanks to our technical equipment and ships, we see every vessel that enters Croatian territorial waters," Bozinovic said during a press conference on security of cities, held in Zagreb.

He added that Croatia was recognised as a safe tourist destination and this year there has been a 10 percent increase in tourist arrivals compared to last year's record season.

Asked by the press about Islamic State members in the new wave of migrants on refugee routes, arriving in Bosnia and Herzegovina from Greece, the minister responded: "We have intensified communication with the relevant authorities in Bosnia and Herzegovina and are exchanging all the necessary information."

A new headquarters was opened in the Adriatic city of Zadar to implement security measures during the tourist season, which should simplify police work regarding foreign tourists, he said.

“Security will be intensified at all big events and festivals. We are prepared to regroup forces within 24 hours and deploy them if, and where necessary,” he said.

Additional 235 police officers will be deployed to the coast during the tourist season, and 108 officers will patrol the Ultra Festival, a three-day EDM music event in the Adriatic city of Split, said Police Chief Nikola Milina.

Follow N1 via mobile apps for Android | iPhone/iPad | Windows| and social media on Twitter | Facebook.

Komentara 0

Komentar je uspješno poslan.

Slanje komentara nije uspjelo.

Nevalidna CAPTCHA

* Sva polja su obavezna