The Croatian Foreign and European Affairs Ministry on Thursday condemned attacks which occurred earlier in the day in France and Saudi Arabia, calling them "a threat to values which have been consistently promoted by Europe."
An attacker in Nice today killed three people in a church, and a French consulate in Saudi Arabia was attacked, with the attacker injuring a security guard working for the consulate. The security guard has been hospitalised and is not in critical condition.
The Ministry said it was saddened and deeply embittered by the news of the two attacks, condemning them as "acts of cruelty, violation of civilisational norms and a threat to the system of values which Europe has been consistently promoting in recent decades, both in its own territory and in dialogue with other states."
"We have built Europe painstakingly as a realm of security whose citizens enjoy the highest standards of human rights protection and we are determined to keep it that way," the ministry says, expressing "sympathy and unreserved support for our French friends and sincere condolences to the victims' families."
Minister Gordan Grlic Radman said on Twitter that "our common values and French friends have again been targets of a cruel terrorist attack."
Grlic Radman expressed his deepest sympathy for the victims' families and strong support to France.