Following the Zagreb County Court’s decision to temporarily ban the strike in the Croatia Airlines, which was scheduled to begin on Wednesday morning, the state-owned national flag carrier will conduct all scheduled flights on Wednesday, the company said in a press release.
Zagreb County Court on Tuesday issued an interim decision banning a strike at Croatia Airlines announced for Wednesday, due to the financial damage the strike could cause the company. The hearing will continue on Wednesday at 10.00 when a decision on whether the strike would be legal is expected.
In accordance with that decision, Wednesday's Croatia Airlines domestic and international flights will be conducted according to the regular flight schedule, the company said.
The company’s workers’ union ORCA said last Friday that pilots, cabin crew and aircraft mechanics employed at Croatia Airlines will go on strike on Wednesday, August 8 at 6.00, after the government and the company management had failed to fulfil their demands for higher salaries, a new collective agreement and less overtime work assigned to employees.
The company's management said last week the strike would cause a damage of €800,000 per day, and that the company simply does not have the funds to finance an extra 53 million kuna (€7.2 million) per year needed to secure the provisions asked demanded by the unions.